🎄 MERRY CHRISTMAS🎄
This silly season I thought I would share one of my favourite recipes….
Like all my recipes, I made this up using my “wet & dry mix” method so it’s super simple.
It’s also grain free and free of refined sugar, making it more nutritious than your average cake!
(Here’s some festive background music for while you’re baking)
- 1 cup ground seeds (I grind linseed, pumpkin, sesame & sunflower seeds in my coffee grinder and keep in a jar in the fridge)
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 2 cups of tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs
- 200gms butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 packet of soaked dates (cover with boiling water, cover with a plate and leave for 20mins to soften)
- tsp vanilla essence
- 2 ripe bananas
- In a large bowl add all you dry ingredients.
- In a food processor, blend your butter and dates. NOTE: Keep the liquid for the dates separate as you’ll need it later.
- Once blended thoroughly add bananas, coconut oil and vanilla essence
- Stop the blender to crack in your eggs (You don’t want to accidentally blend in egg shell if some falls in)
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape all your wet mix out into your bowl of dry mix.
- Mix it together, adding your left over liquid from your soaked dates.
- At this stage your mix wants to be thick but pourable. Add either water or milk to get the correct consistency.
- Pour into one or two greased cake tins (for a layered cake) or cupcake tin and bake at 180 degrees celsius.
- When centre feels cooks leave to cool.
- Turn out onto a plate. If make a layered cake you can put cream and berries or your choice of filling in the centre.
NOTE: My oven in a beast and cooks unevenly. 45 mins should be an approximate cooking time, but keep an eye on your cake.
If you choose to make cupcakes be aware that they will cook faster.
You may also need to carefully turn your cake mid-bake.
- 1/2 block of Whittakers dark or dark Ghana chocolate
- 100gms butter
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup full cream
- Put all of the above in a small saucepan, EXCEPT the cream.
- Stir constantly to melt, being mindful not to overcook or let burn.
- Once melted turn off the heat.
- Whisk in cream till you ganash looks shiny and smooth
- Pour over your cooled cake and decorate.
Have a wonderful and safe Christmas everyone.
If you’d like to grab a copy of Fishing For Stars , know that I also have printable gift cards with download codes to give to people you love.
Love Anna xoxox
PS Join my mailing list to keep up with other yummy recipes, music and craft ideas.